Friday, June 30, 2006

My First Published Story

I’m soooo excited!

I checked my mailbox last Wednesday and in it was a copy of the magazine in which my non-fiction story is published and the cheque payment for it. It was the first story I submitted to a US magazine and I am just thrilled when it was accepted a few months ago. Still, I didn’t really believe it until I saw it in print.

The magazine is called ‘Learning Through History’ and is based in Naples, Florida. It’s a bi-monthly publication that targets parents who home-school their children. For the May/June 2006 issue, the theme was ‘The American Revolution’. I wrote a biography entitled ‘First to Defy, First to Die: The Boston Massacre’. It’s about one Crispus Attucks, the first black man to have risen against the British and who instigated the bloody event later to be known as ‘The Boston Massacre’. In fact, the Boston Massacre is believed to be the straw that broke the camel’s back (straw being the event, camel being the Americans), which eventually led to the American Revolution.

Imagine my exhilaration when I saw my story in print, with my byline on it and a short bio as well that said I am a freelance writer writing out of Tahiti! Although you can’t read the story, you can view the link at: http://www.learningthroughhistory.com/current_issue.php

Look at the contents of the current issue (May/June 2006) and Page 9 is me! :D

PS: Oh by the way, they have bought ‘All Rights’ so I can’t publish the story here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo PROUD of you my dear!!!!!!!

Big fat congratulatory kiss and hug for you!

Make sure you frame a copy in your living room.

Lene

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Ghostwriter said...

Thanks darling! I feel your warmth all the way from here :D.

I can't frame it since it is the only copy I have and I need to use it for my portfolio.

But perhaps I can make a photocopy instead ;D.

7:32 PM

 
Blogger k*a said...

congratulations!!!
felicitations!!!

hope u have more to publish soon :)

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Ghostwriter said...

Merci merci! :D Thanks for your good wishes. Me too, I hope that I get more work published :D

4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Just happened accross your blog. Funny, but my first paid published work was in this publication too. I wrote for the Colonial America issue. Congrats, and good luck with your writing.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Ghostwriter said...

What a weird coincidence! :D Thanks for your good wishes. If you want to write me and share our writing horror stories, do email me at: anizamh@gmail.com

Take care!

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo Aniza. Ma belle - fille sera peut être un jour très célèbre !
Bisous

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Ghostwriter said...

Merci bcp! J'espere que tu as raison :D

Bisous

9:05 AM

 
Blogger CB CIRCUITO said...

spectacular place !

7:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home